Friday, February 6, 2009

Adventures in Costa Rica

Last summer, I took a trip to Costa Rica with my roommate and a group of students from my college, and I can confidently say it was one of the best experiences of my life.

I chose to take this trip to better my Spanish-speaking skills, as I am working towards a minor in Spanish. In order to get the most I could out of the local dialect, I chose to live with a non-English speaking Tico (Costa Rican) family for the duration of the 28-day trip.

This made for very interesting dinner-table conversations!

Once in Heredia, Costa Rica (we flew into San Jose), our trip entailed 5 hour classes Monday through Friday and trips to the coast each weekend. We loved living the life around the city, but those trips were definitely the highlight of our entire Costa Rican adventure.

In this blog, I will highlight each memorable experience I had along the way.

From my class (taught by a non-English speaking professor) experiences, conversations with my traditional Tico family, adventures with my ignorant classmates, and braving the nightlife of Heredia, I have many notable memories from my month in Costa Rica.


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures. My brother just went to Costa Rica last week. Maybe some day I'll get there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Dana are too cute! I am jealous I didn't get to go with you girls! :)

    ReplyDelete